Tuesday, January 25, 2011

16 Weeks

It's to be expected that my belly "baby bump" is noticeable at this point. The fact that it's more evident than those of my two coworkers who are also expecting is a bit nutty to me. I know, I know. I'm carrying twins. Still...it's a bit crazy -- especially since one woman is four weeks further along than me.

We had another check up today. The girls are growing nicely. Both are healthy. My OB is pleased to see that. Baby A appears to be on top of Baby B. In fact, as we looked at the ultrasound images, you could see Baby B's legs almost straddling Baby A's head, her litle legs moving all around as if trying to get some more room. At this rate the poor kid is going to come out bow-legged.

And again we heard their heartbeats. That sound still brings an indescribable joy to my heart.

Those are our girls.

I cannot wait to start feeling them move. I'm told it will likely be another three or four weeks, even with twins. Typically feeling movement before week 20 is something that only really happens if you've carried a baby before. Basically you know what it feels like so you are more readily able to notice it earlier on in subsequent pregnancies. Ah yes...even in utero these girls are teaching me about patience.

All in all, everything is going fine. My hips and back are a bit sore but I've started practicing prenatal yoga and that helps. If I could just figure out how to sleep more comfortably on my side I'd be home free. Lol. Ah well, five minutes after the girls are born the aches and pains will be forgotten.

And in two weeks we'll get to see the girls and hear their heartbeats again. Pure joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment