Monday, March 21, 2011

A Swift Kick

Oh how I've been aching to feel the girls moving around.

I have a coworker who is about a week behind me in her pregnancy and she's been feeling her baby moving around for what seems like weeks now.  Sure, she's smaller than I am, but I've got two in there.

Anyhow...there were a few small gurgles of movement early last week, but nothing I could really pinpoint as being the girls.  And then Eric headed off to Toronto to work on a movie and more discernible tippy taps started.  It's as if they realized that their dad wasn't there and wanted to make sure I knew they knew.

You see, Eric tends to talk to my belly before bed every night and Wednesday night was the first night he wasn't here to do that.  I think they noticed.

And every day since I've been noticing more and more movement.  Tip tap here, tip tap there.  And then this morning while I was laying in bed with my hands on my belly -- kick!  One of the girls gave a good swift kick and actually moved my hand a bit.  :D

JOY!

It's made being a bit under the weather with a cold a little more bearable.  I've spent the better part of the day in bed and enjoying the tippy taps.

Now if only I had a Butterfinger...

No comments:

Post a Comment