Saturday, September 10, 2011

Anger and Sorrow

I haven't posted here in a long time.  Once the girls were born I started a new blog dedicated to them and it seems that I only wanted to write about them.  The Morgen Sonne Report chronicled their time in the NICU, home and Sonne's time at Children's Hospital.  That blog will soon be retired and I will be writing to each of the girls on their own blogs.

For those who might follow this blog, you probably don't know.  Sonne did not recover after her heart surgery.  (Heart Surgery?  This is where I refer you to the blog about the girls for the details as I don't have it in me to go through it all again.)  She passed away on August 31st, a mere 3 and 1/2 months old.

I am angry.  I am sad.  I am confused.  I am devastated.  Not just for me, but for my husband and especially for Morgen.  She was robbed of her sister.  It isn't fair.

I know...life isn't fair.  But I'm good at stating the obvious.

Today we have Sonne's memorial service.  We are celebrating her short life.  She gave us so much in just over 16 weeks...

So, the Morgen Sonne Report will be retired shortly.  Meine Sonne Schient and Guten Morgen Morgen will replace it.  Those who want to follow letters to Sonne and Morgen are welcome to check those out.

I'm sure I'll be posting here again at some point, but it won't be as regular as it had been last year while going through IVF and pregnancy.

No comments:

Post a Comment