Sunday, November 28, 2010

Ugh...

Nausea.  I've become all too acquainted with it as of late.  My doctor is happy that I'm feeling it and people say it's a great sign, but man...I could use a break from it.

All week I've been battling it.  And it's not just morning sickness.  Nope.  For me it starts about 10am and continues to gnaw at me until 7pm or so.

Add to that the fatigue and wow!  I'm either feeling sick or napping.

I did get these great acupressure bracelets called Psi Bands.  Found them on Amazon.com.  They seem to be working wonders, although I'm not 100% woozy-free.  I can only imagine where I'd be without them.  And for all I know it's all in my head, but either way, I'll take any relief I can get.

So, I've been taking it really easy.  Even though we had dinner plans three nights in a row over the holiday, I managed to rest most of each day.  Still, I spent almost the entire day Saturday sleeping on the couch.  Even today I was up for about two hours and then I napped for 30 minutes, was up for maybe two hours and then napped again for close to two hours and then spent the rest of the day quietly on the couch.

All of which leads to my giving up my ticket to a concert tomorrow night.  And it's not just any concert.  I purchased our tickets six months ago.  Roger Waters The Wall Live.  We have been looking forward to this concert for a long time now and as it has crept up and is now just 24 hours away, the anticipation is palpable.  I've told Eric that he should still go.  I wouldn't want us to both miss out.  I just know how wiped out I am lately and can't imagine making it through the show tomorrow after a day at the office.  Luckily it wasn't hard to find a friend to take my spot.  I know they'll have a great time.  Oh well...so much for it being the girls's first concert in utero.

And with that...it's almost 7:30pm.  I think I might take my meds and head to bed to read for a little bit before falling asleep...again.

No comments:

Post a Comment