Friday, September 3, 2010

Grade A

According to Dr. Ghadir, when they checked on the embryo development Thursday morning, they had a bunch of "grade A eight celled" embryos going.  He said there was also one at seven cells.  The two eggs which were fertilized with the delayed ICSI procedure aren't doing that well.

I wish I could remember exactly how many grade A eight celled embryos we had developing.  I just don't remember.  I'm generally a smart woman who picks up on what people are saying in conversation pretty easily, but I'm starting to suspect that I need to have a basic knowledge of what is being discussed in order to have that quick understanding.

What's that?  Why no.  I don't have an innate understanding of reproductive endocrinology or embryo fertilization and development.  I've been learning a lot, but, let's face it.  It really is foreign to me.  Grade A embryos.  Excellent!  Although I don't think they can be called free-range or cage-free.  (Ugh...sorry.  A terrible joke that a coworker made, so I had to pass it on.)

Tomorrow is our embryo transfer day.  I'm expecting a call from a nurse at the center to give me the details of when to be there and what I need to do, if anything, to prepare.  Thereafter it's 48 hours of bed rest.  I already know that I'll be going a bit crazy just laying around for two days, but so be it.

In the end, all of this will be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment