Wednesday, September 29, 2010

A Good Sign

Today was an odd one.  Changes at work which have lots of my friends and coworkers concerned.  I completely understand where they are coming from, but I can't let myself get caught up in worrying.

I saw a doctor in my primary care physician's office on Monday in order to get the referral for the hematologist.  She questioned why my RE would have ordered all those blood tests after only one failed IVF attempt.  She actually said, "The thing is, if you do enough tests, eventually something will come back abnormal" and then promptly listened to my heart and lungs and felt my throat while having me swallow repeatedly.  When she asked if I was feeling otherwise okay, I said "I'm perfectly healthy with the exception of not being pregnant."

She then advised that she felt a nodule on my thyroid and was ordering an ultrasound and blood tests.  She'll call me if anything comes back abnormal, but said I probably wasn't pregnant due to a thyroid issue.  After all, she is an endocrinologist, even if not a reproductive endocrinologist.  She suspects that the PAI-1 gene anomaly is actually a "red herring."

So now I'm waiting for my referral to the hematologist and for an ultrasound of my thyroid.  On a side note, this doctor did say that it is up to my RE whether he wants to put me on an aspirin or Lovenox protocol and hematologist really doesn't need to be involved in that decision.

I have yet to speak with my RE about all this, although I did speak to his nurse about it and, while she did say he would call me today, he did not.  Still...I'm not going to get caught up in worrying.

As the work day was coming to a close, an allergy attacked seized control of my body.  I've been sneezing fairly uncontrollably for the past hour.  I took Benedryl 30 minutes ago to no effect.  The last time this happened was while I was taking Clomid.  Before that, this type of allergy attack occurred while I was taking birth control pills.

I don't know if this means that the Lupron I started yesterday is effecting me on some level or if some allergen just get into my system.

Still...I'm not going to get caught up in worrying.

As I pulled off the freeway near my home, rain started to fall.  Big drops splashed on my windshield, hood, roof.  Thunder rolled and a flash of lightning brightened the skies.  Moments later I pulled into my driveway to be welcomed home by a double rainbow over the neighborhood.  And while the dogs aren't terribly happy with the weather, I think of it as a good sign.  Of what, I'm not so sure, but a good sign all the same.


No comments:

Post a Comment