Monday, October 4, 2010

Full Steam Ahead

The results are in.  My hormones are nicely suppressed and ovaries are nicely asleep.  So tomorrow I begin the FSH injections with the hopes of getting to another egg retrieval in about two weeks.

That's good news.

What's more on my mind tonight is how grateful I am for my husband.  He keeps me sane.  He keeps me laughing.  He motivates me.  Yes.  He keeps me sane.

Yesterday I was in a really bad head state.  Just really down on myself for no particular reason.  After a short nap he suggested we go to the gym.  I had hesitated starting my new membership since stim was potentially right around the corner, but realized that I can't put my life on hold during this process.  So to the gym we went.

It was my first time to the gym in over a year.  It was my first workout in at least two weeks.  It was my first time on a rowing machine since the 1980s.  It was great!

Sure, I'm a little sore, but I'm also so grateful.  I needed to spend that time on myself.  I needed to vent some frustration and stress in a constructive way.

I needed to be grateful.

Tomorrow is our second anniversary and Eric already gave me the greatest gift.  Gratitude.

No comments:

Post a Comment