Monday, August 16, 2010

Pricked and Probed

Tomorrow morning I go in for more blood work and yet another ultrasound.  Once again I'm hoping that my estrogen level will be low and that my ovaries will be resting like good little ovaries.

Of course, I started the day wondering what the hell was going on.  I had only taken the Provera for five days, but I woke up with my period.  I wasn't expecting that for another week.  I called and left a message at the nurses station letting them know the latest and asking if I should be concerned or if this will throw off getting my next IVF cycle started.  I know that I wasn't irrational in my message, but I also know that I didn't sound calm.

After waiting 2-1/2 hours for a response, I emailed the doctor.  He called me back within 10 minutes.  There's nothing to worry about.  If I have my period, then this is day one of my new cycle.  I can stop taking the Provera and plan to come in on day two or three for testing.  He then transfered me to the nurses station so I could get set up with those appointments.  I left another message.

About two hours later the nurse called and we set the appointments and she said we'd talk tomorrow once the results were in and the doctor had reviewed them. 

So I'm now trying to convince my body to produce little to no estrogen and thinking about researching homeopathic things I get do tonight to ensure the levels don't get too high.  I know it's crazy, but it's all I can do.

Maybe I'll lift weights and run after work.  Get those endorphins and testosterone flowing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment